onsdag 12. august 2009

Poison (toluen) in nail-polish

This is a Norwegian article about toluen in nail-polish. It is illegal in paintings and adhesive but legal in nail-polish with a concentration up to 25%. The article tells that the Norwegian state-board (not exactly the right translation, but I don't know how to explain it...) is working for a law that says all nail-polishes should be marked with this: "Keep away from children, only to be used by grown-ups!"

And yes, it concerns me, as I work with it every day. Luckily I don't use polish that much, as I usually do gel enhancement. However I have always known that nail-polish and remover are some of the most dangerous products we are using so it's not new for me.

On the other hand... what is NOT dangerous these days, what will NOT give you cancer and/or brain-damages?

I bet more people die of too much fat and sugar than from using nail-polish....

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar