lørdag 17. oktober 2009

Proff. Beauty Manchester, the championship



Something went terrible wrong at this competition too. One thing that happened, that were not at all my fault, was that three of the tips cracked when I cut them. This has never happened to me before, never in my 11,5 years of doing nails! I think I know why it happened. We had to stand outside the show-venue for 15 min. before we were allowed in and it was freezing cold. I think THIS must have made the tips fragile.

Because of the cracked tips I lost about 15 min. (I had to file them off and replace) and that were the 15 min. I was going to use for the polish and last finish. Again, this time I lost lots of points in the polish-section, but this time it happened because I was so stressed that I was shaking. The feeling was NOT good.

Other than that, I know I should have practiced before the competition. I didn't, so it was all my own fault. However I think I have gotten the inspiration to practice again now. Maybe I will take a session next week, I think so... :)

PS. I was the only one who used gel in the championship! In one way I am really tempted to switch to acrylic, because for competition, it is easier as you can pinch acrylic. I also think it is easier to make a crisp smile-line with acrylic. On the other hand... gel is *my* thing and I HAVE won with gel over acrylic. So yes, it IS possible, I just have to practice more!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar