onsdag 10. juni 2009

What is wrong with this industry?

Yes, I know, I am still in Orlando and I should be pool-side sunbathing, but I just have to let something off my chest.

When relaxing at the pool I got a sms from a former client of me. She moved to another city, a year ago, so obviously she had to find a new nail-technician. She have been trying lots of nail-techs, used a fortune of money, but either they have fell off after some days, or she have been taking them off because they have looked so bad she couldn't stand them. She tried a new one today, and it was a disaster, so she texted me.

"Do you know anything about the nail-products I can buy at the iternet, I have to try to fix my own nails!"

Well, what do you answer? In the beginning I thought it was a strange question to ask me, as she know I am a professional. But in another way... I do not blame her. She has been a client of mine for many years, she never complained about my prices and she never thought about doing her own nails, so she is not doing it to save money. She is doing it because she thinks she can do it better herself. She knows how a good nail should be and she is a hairdresser, so I guess she has some kind of artistic talent. So yes, it might happen she WILL do a better job...

And THAT is what making me fuming mad. WHY ON EARTH IS THIS PROFESSION SATURATED WITH PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOB????

I would like to blame somebody, but I can't. The only thing I know is that there is something wrong with our education-system. In my opinion it is wrong that the product-distributors are doing the foundation-courses. I know, I know, some of you would say that college-courses or other independent courses, is the worst, and I can not argue about that, because I don't know about it. What I am pretty sure about is that we would never allow the medical-companies to do the foundation-courses for the doctors to be. Why should our industry do it then? I know that the medical-companies have courses and that they are into the education-field, but that isbbbbbb decisions.

I could blame the distributors, who are selling professional products to everybody. And yes, I do blame them, but in another way... What the heck... If WE could do a PROFESSIONAL job, why would anybody non-educated, try to do their own nails, thinking they could do a better job themselves?

If you have any opinion on this, please write it here, I would LOVE to hear what you all think about this.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar