torsdag 7. mai 2009

The first *day* athe the HRTE

We were divided into groups of four and we had about 50-60 min. at each station. I’ve told about this before… The day I wrote it I was really excited, but after re-thinking, with a more critical view, I am not sure if I am fully satisfied with what I got for my 150 USD. Please, don’t take this wrong, I am VERY happy I went, and I can still fully recommend to go to a HRTE-class. BUT there are things that could be better.

I am not very interested in nail-art. For me, it was too much bling, and too little of what we really need to know: how to do a proper salon-nail. THIS is our bread and butter. I know a nail with art has to be thicker than a nail without, but sometimes it looks like the nail-art takes away everything we have learned about form and structure: ”As long as it’s long and full of bling, who cares if the nail is thick, lumpy, bumpy, unbalanced!” Unfortunately I saw some of those nails here too….

I had a chat with one of the educators and she said it was important that everybody went through the same stations, because it could be an ”eye-opener”. To a certain point I agree, because I found it interesting to hear about airbrush and Minx, some things I’ve never been interested in before. On the other hand, I will still not begin to do that at the salon, but I have still paied 150 USD to hear about something I don’t get anything from and to see lots of nail-art. For me, the first day was like going to a show in Europe, lots of demos with nail-art.

Another point I want to share is that HRTE always say that the educators do it for free, in their own spare-time. Well… 5 out of 7 educators DID get something from it, besides getting their travel expenses payed, they promoted their products and they also sold it in the end of the class. There is NOTHING wrong with that, after all, we are all business-women. BUT why not tell the truth?

Well, enough critique for now. I just thought these classes have gotten so much positive responses, that I needed to get out some not so good too. After all, they can’t get better if nobody tells anything else than positive things!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar