søndag 3. mai 2009

The first *night* at theHRTE-class

The ”meet and greet”, at the first night at HRTE was great. More and more people came, but *my* friends were late. I was waiting for Carla Collier and Amy Becker, two leaders in our industry. Carla is head-judge of the Nailpro competitions here in the USA and also a top competitor. Amy Becker is still competing and was the first to beat gel with l/p in the USA. She is still competing. Those two people are the main-reason why I went to HRTE Chicago. I knew they were both going as I have had e-mails contact with them for some months.

Amy was the first to come. It was really great to, at last, get to know her in real life, not only through internet. We connected at once, both professional, but also as friends. Haha, we were both so eager to start that we met, after the other had gone to bed, to talk!

The next one to come was Carla. It was really funny because she had been looking for a blue-eyed and bright woman. When I said ”hi” to her she asked me if we had met before. I said that we haven’t, but that we had been in contact through e-mails. She looked at me and I could see she was thinking… I then said who I was, but I only said my first name. Still thinking, until Amy understood and said that it was me. We had a good laugh of that!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar