lørdag 16. mai 2009

My improvements through the year

My 1. competition. Nailympics, London May 2008. I had met my model once before, but never done any nails at her. I met her the day before the competition and did the tip-fitting, her cuticles and tried to figure how to do her nails. :) I went to this competition with the expectation of just being happy to entering and finishing in time. I was surprised and happy when I got a 3. place. It was embarrassing emotional. I am sure I am the only entrants who cried like a child for a 3. place! :-/


From Professional Beauty Manchester, October 2008. I had not been in the mood for competition-training because of some personal issues. I decided to enter in the last minute (some weeks before) and found my model at the internet. I thought it could be good practicing... To win was never in my mind, so when I got the 1. place I was, again, surprised. :) Managed not to cry this time!


This is from the Norwegian championship, Oslo February 2009. I was not very happy with my performance here, but it gave me a 4. place.



Professional Beauty, London March 2009. Since I won in Manchester I had to compete in the Champion category (winner of winners). I knew I had to compete against some very good and experienced techs and I also knew I was one of the very few who entered with gel. In this category you can use gel or l/p or fiber and tips or forms. You just have to make the ultimate competition-nail. Luckily I had used my model in Manchester, so I knew her nails. However I was sure I didn't have a chance and had prepared to get the last, or the next-last place. After the competition I was not happy with my work and I can still see I can improve very much. Haha, but it still gave me a 1. place. It was a FANTASTIC feeling, and of course, I had to cry... In fact I was so emotional I shivered and cried so much Sue (who gave me the price) had to ask me if I was ok! :-D ARGH, I hate myself for being so emotional... It is so very embarrassing. :-/

What made me most happy with this competition was the comment I got from Antony Buckley before the prize-ceremony. He said it was some of the best gel- nails he had every seen. WOW! I didn't believe him, and still not sure if I do.... :)

Well, that was all I have done so far!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Congratulations! What product do you use?

    Jessie Burkhardt
    Sales/Marketing Coordinator for NSI
    www.nsinails.com

    SvarSlett
  2. Hi Jessica!
    Nice to see you here! Until the last months I used Brisa. Three months ago I changed products to Masterworks Innovation. I was very happy with Brisa, but Masterworks adhere remarkable better to my clients nails. It's also very nice to work with for competitions.

    SvarSlett